- To enable you to uses various services on the website.
- To improve and enhance the services and contents offered on the site, including generation of new services and contents adapted to requirements and expectations of the site users and to modify or cancel existing services and contents. Information used by the site operator for this purpose will be mainly statistical, without personal identification.
- To generate personal areas on the site, e.g. construct a personal website for exchange members, and in order to adapt the personal areas to your preferences.
- To purchase products and services online – including advertisements with information and the contents which you post.
- To provide your details and communication means to other exchange members, parties in the gem and diamond business and persons interested in the website in Israel and abroad, so they can contact you.
- To adapt the adverts that you see when visiting the website to your interests. The information which will serve the website operator for this purpose, will not identify you in person by name or address.
- The website operator may send you e-mail with information regarding his services and marketing or advertising information from time to time – either information which he advertises or information received from other advertisers. This information will be sent to you if you give your express consent during registration or at any other time. You can cancel your consent and stop receiving it at any time. However, the website operator will not, of his own initiative, provide your personal details to advertisers which wish to send you direct mail.
Providing information to third parties
The website operator will not provide your personal details and information collected regarding your activities on the site, to third parties (as far as such details and information identify you personally) except in the following instances:
- Should the website operator receive a court order instructing him to provide your details or information about you to a third party.
- In the event of a dispute, complaint, claim, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between you and the website operator.
- In any case where the website operator believes that the provision of the said information is required to prevent severe injury to your body or property or to the body of a third party or property.
Third party advertisements
The website operator applies information security systems and procedures. While these systems and procedures decrease the risks of illegitimate infiltration of the website operator’s computers, they are not absolutely secure. Therefore, the website operator cannot guarantee that online services will be completely immune to unauthorized access to the information stored in them.
The right to view information
According to the Privacy Protection Law 5741– 1981 – every person, whether personally, by his written proxy or by his guardian, is entitled to peruse the information about him kept in the database. A person who views the information about him and finds it to be incorrect, incomplete, unclear or not updated, may apply to the database owner and request that the information be amended or erased. Should the database owner refuse to comply with this request, he must notify the applicant in the manner and way determined in the regulations. The person requesting the information may appeal to the magistrates court, the database owner’s refusal to allow him to peruse and the notice of refusal to amend or delete information, in the manner and way determined in regulations.
In addition, if the information in the website operator’s databases is used for a personal approach to you, based on your being part of a population group determined by one or more characterizations of people whose names are included in the database (“commercial proposal”), the Privacy Protection Law 5741 – 1981 entitles you to demand in writing, that the information relating to you be deleted from the database. In such case, the website operator will only erase information which is required to send you such commercial offers. Kindly note, erasure of this information may prevent you from continuing to receive services from the site. Information required by the website operator to manage its business – including documentation of commercial and other actions performed onsite – will continue to be legally held by the website operator, but will no longer serve for approaches to you. If within 30 days you do not receive a notice that the information which you requested the website operator to erase, has indeed been erased according to this paragraph, you shall by virtue of the law, be entitled to apply to the magistrate’s court in the manner which is determined such regulations, to instruct the website operator to act as accordingly.